The Stihl 025 chainsaw is a gas-powered chainsaw that was made by the Stihl company. The 025 models were introduced in the late 1990s and were in production until the mid-2000s. It is considered a medium-duty saw that is suitable for cutting firewood, pruning trees, and general property maintenance.
The Stihl 025 chainsaw has a two-stroke engine with a displacement of 45.6 cc, which provides it with the power to cut through medium-sized trees and logs. It has a bar length of up to 20 inches and a chain pitch of 3/8 inches. It has an automatic oiling system that lubricates the chain and guide bar.
The Stihl 025 is a discontinued model and is no longer produced by the company. However, it is still available on the used market and many people still use it and are satisfied with its performance. It is considered a reliable and powerful chainsaw, but as with any power equipment, it’s important to maintain it well and use it safely.
Stihl offers many brands and models of Stihl chainsaws. Making it possible to find the right Stihl 025 chainsaw parts you need for your specific Stihl chainsaw. This extensive catalog is filled with Stihl products that have been discontinued. Or redesigned for new models and older Stihl models. If you are looking for Stihl 025 chain saw parts. The Stihl 025 chainsaw parts diagram is the first place you should look. It will not only provide you with easy-to-understand diagrams of each part. But will help you narrow down your search to make sure you find exactly what you need.
How to start Stihl 025 Chainsaw?
Starting a Stihl 025 chainsaw can be done by following these steps:
- Make sure the chainsaw is on a level surface and the fuel tank is filled with fresh fuel.
- Locate the on/off switch and make sure it is in the “off” position.
- Locate the throttle lock-out lever and push it in. This will allow you to control the throttle while starting the saw.
- Locate the primer bulb and press it several times until you see fuel in the bulb.
- Locate the choke lever and place it in the “on” position (for a cold start), or “off” position (for a warm start)
- Grasp the starter handle and pull it out slowly until you feel resistance, then pull it quickly.
- If the engine does not start, repeat steps 4 through 6.
- Once the engine starts, release the throttle lock-out lever and allow the engine to warm up for a minute or two.
- After the engine has warmed up, move the choke lever to the “off” position and the chainsaw is ready to use.
It’s important to check the owner’s manual for specific instructions on starting the chainsaw and always use the equipment with caution and follow safety measures and regulations.
Stihl 025 chainsaw parts diagram
A Stihl 025 chainsaw parts diagram is a diagram that shows the different parts of the chainsaw and how they fit together. The diagram typically includes a labeled illustration of the chainsaw with different parts labeled and numbered and a corresponding parts list with part numbers and descriptions.
A typical Stihl 025 chainsaw parts diagram would include:
- The Engine and cylinder
- Air filter
- Fuel Tank
- Starter Handle
- Starter Rope
- Ignition System
- Chain Brake
- Chain Sprocket
- Guide Bar
- Oil Pump
- Tank Vent
- Throttle Control
- Hand Guard
- On/Off Switch
These parts diagrams can be found on the Stihl website, in the owner’s manual, or by contacting the manufacturer. It’s important to note that these diagrams can vary depending on the specific model of the chainsaw and the production year.
It’s also important to use the correct replacement parts and consult with a professional when it comes to repairing or replacing any part of the chainsaw.
What are the specifications for the Stihl 025 chainsaw?
The Stihl 025 chainsaw is a gas-powered chainsaw that was made by the Stihl company. The 025 models were introduced in the late 1990s and were in production until the mid-2000s. It is considered a medium-duty saw that is suitable for cutting firewood, pruning trees, and general property maintenance. Here are some of the specifications of the Stihl 025 chainsaw:
- Engine: 2-stroke
- Displacement: 45.6 cc
- Power output: 2.1 kW (2.8 bhp)
- Bar Length: up to 20 inches
- Chain Pitch: 3/8 inches
- Chain gauge: 0.050 inches
- Weight (without cutting equipment): 7.4 lbs
- Fuel tank volume: 13.8 oz
- Oil tank volume: 9.5 oz
- Automatic lubrication: yes
- Chain brake: yes
- Air filter system: semi-automatic
- Sound pressure level (guaranteed): 93 dB(A)
- Sound power level (measured): 104 dB(A)
- Vibration level left/right (ahv, eq) handle: 3.5/3.5 m/s²
These specifications are just a general guide and may vary depending on the specific model of the chainsaw and the production year. It’s important to consult the owner’s manual and check the specifications before operating the chainsaw. Always use the equipment with caution and follow safety measures and regulations.
Why does my Stihl 025 chainsaw not start?
There could be several reasons why your Stihl 025 chainsaw is not starting. Some common issues that can cause a chainsaw to not start to include:
- Not enough fuel: If the fuel tank is empty or low, the chainsaw will not start. Make sure to check the fuel level and add fresh fuel if needed.
- Dirty air filter: A dirty air filter can restrict airflow to the engine, causing the chainsaw to not start. Clean or replace the air filter if necessary.
- Clogged carburetor: A clogged carburetor can prevent fuel from reaching the engine. Clean or rebuild the carburetor if necessary.
- Bad spark plug: A bad spark plug can prevent the engine from starting. Check the spark plug and replace it if necessary.
- Dirty or old fuel: Old or dirty fuel can cause the chainsaw to not start. Drain the fuel tank and add fresh fuel.
- Flooded engine: If the chainsaw has a flooded engine, it can be hard to start. Wait a few minutes and try starting it again.
- Compression problems: If the compression is low, the chainsaw will not start, and the cylinder and piston can be damaged or worn out, preventing the engine from compressing the air-fuel mixture.
- Ignition system problems: The ignition system could be faulty, preventing the spark from reaching the engine.
It’s important to check the owner’s manual for troubleshooting steps and consult with a professional for repair or maintenance if you are unsure about the problem or the solution. And always make sure to follow the safety measures and regulations.
Stihl distributors, vendors, and even independent contractors sell Stihl 025 chainsaw parts online as well as at Stihl dealerships and workshops.
Stihl offers different types of Stihl chainsaw repair parts and Stihl parts kits for various Stihl chainsaw models. If you do not know exactly what type of Stihl chainsaw you have, you can look through Stihl's current catalog to find out.